Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Housekeeping

I have to "journal" today for the Spring Challenge. I don't want to. I want to write about cross stitching or something, but have nothing really *new* to say.
I had a really bad day yesterday. I don't want to talk about it.
I am, however, buying a new car. It should be a good experience. I can stop juggling 2 different car dealers, and like 20 insurance places in my inbox. That is REALLY hard for someone with anxiety. (btw, never ask for a quote online from insurance comparison.org. I just wanted to ball park what I could expect, and ended up with multiple insurance places trying to call and email me. progressive is MUCH nicer and only one place.)
Anyways, I love the new car. it's a 2011 Honda Fit Sport with Navigation. It's orange. The Honda Fit is actually a subcompact with as much room for cargo (due to some cleverly designed seating) as the much larger Honda CR-V which is a crossover or small SUV. The back seats fold down completely flat, so the dogs can ride in the back and we can store crates/luggage/anything back there with them. It's not as roomy for people as the CR-V or something like a Nissan Murano or Ford Escape, those can easily fit 3 adults in the backseat. But because they are bigger and heavier they get worse gas mileage. The Fit has all the same features (except not quite as comfortable, especially for multiple people in the backseat, but no worse than a car) but comes with great gas mileage and a tiny parking area. I drive a Ford Taurus sedan, it's so long! And while the trunk IS huge (I can fit a 500 dog crate in there folded up, which not a lot of car trunks can do) I can't extend it for the dogs, and their paws will eventually ruin the cloth seats even though I have a waterproof lining for it. (one of my dogs actually panics and tries to burrow when in the car, so I have to stop him from digging it out of the way. every. single. time.) I'll still try to keep the back of the seats nice, but I really won't worry about it as much as I have to with the Taurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment