Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Successful Blog?

I want to make a successful blog...without ever posting to it.
Okay, that's not strictly true. I think I have too many dreams. I want to ride horses all day, make a million dollars, sell things on etsy, and run a blog. Oh, and live out in the country raising chickens and ducks.
Totally doable right?

Whatever. Weight Watchers didn't work for me. I mean, it worked, but it was expensive and difficult for me to stick to. I'm going back to counting calories. I realized I put waaaay too much into counting calories. Got a fitbit, tried to integrate it into myfitnesspal and there were too many steps. Maybe it made my calorie counting more precise, but does it matter if I won't do it? Nope. So, no fitbit, just myfitnesspal. Counting calories. 1500/day. (will go down to 1200 slowly, that's what I was at 2 years ago and lost 20lbs...before I gained 60)
On day three. Monday went great. Tuesday I had to go to the store, but I actually did really well and only bought feta cheese to go with my salads as a "cheat" (I freaking love feta cheese and I learned a long time ago I have to buy something which doesn't help my wallet, but if I don't have anything to look forward to when I get home I'll buy donuts or chocolate. I just will. So, I buy something small. Sometimes it's not even food. Just a distraction. New color of nail polish. Gum. Something for the dogs. Anything I can look forward to and stop obsessing over food. To bring this aside full circle, feta cheese on a salad is just as good to me as chocolate. I can focus on that and not the reeses staring at me at the checkout line)
Now I'm on day three. Forgot to bring my salad for lunch, but I'll eat it for dinner (I spend stupid amounts of money on premade salads, but I won't make them myself apparently).
Still eating WAAAAAAY too much sugar (in the form of pop....oops) BUT one step at a time. I can't quit everything at the same time. That's not sustainable for me. For now, as long as I'm under my calories and working out 3 days a week (moving up to 5 next week) I'm calling it good. I can get healthier as I get my portions and general mental health under control.

Ha, perfect segue. My mental health has been iffy at best. I'm depressed and anxious. Changing jobs isn't helping, but hopefully in general the new job is better for me. We'll see I guess. Right now I need to start yoga to try and destress (I don't want to increase my meds at this point. I've got the panic attacks coupled with sitting on the floor crying regularly under control. Just....not everything. Hopefully some lifestyle changes will help)

The thing that sucks is that the gyms around here don't offer yoga in the morning (rise and shine yoga is amazing for me) and the yoga studios (omg, rooftop yoga is a thing here.) don't have showers. My new work doesn't have a gym so there are no showers. sooooo, I'm a little stuck. But working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment